For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

All the beautiful moments...

Another post from mid-March that never got posted:


So many beautiful moments that I just want to capture in my mind and never forget.  Isn't life always that way though?  Here's just a few that I want to remember from this week...

Funnest moment with the 5th graders:  They were being entirely too loud and rowdy on Wednesday, so I decided to let them yell if they wanted to, but they were gonna learn something while doing it.  So I started asking yes or no questions and told them to yell what they thought the answers were.  I've never had the 5B boys be so attentive to the questions I've asked :-)

Sweetest moment at school:  The father's day celebration was this past Friday and it was very cool to see so many fathers show up and participate.  Father's are absent from so many of the students lives, it was encouraging to see that there were some that truly cared and were trying to be good role models for their kids.  And of course, it was heart warming to see Papa Brewster and the other men from the hogar show up to be the little girls' "fathers" for the day.

Greatest blessing of the week:  Greg and Emily Bice along with younger brother, Andrew, were here for several days visiting.  Going out to eat, watching soccer games, and hanging out at the hogar with them and the girls was a great breath of fresh-air from the norm.  It is so easy to just fall into the same ol' routine week by week.  But their presence was truly a blessing from God to refresh our spirits a bit.

Finally, best teaching moment with the 8th graders:  We've started our short astronomy unit to finish out this partial and I decided I was going to begin with a discussion of Galileo and Copernicus.  At the end of the history portion, I wrote a few quotes from them and about them on the board and asked them to write in their notebooks what they thought one of them meant.  I don't often get to see the thoughtful side of their personalities and I think I want to do lessons like that more often with them as we finish out the year.

I wish I could write forever, but there's only so much time in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment