For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Things That Cannot Change

This blog is becoming really hard to keep up to-date.  Partially for lack of time, but mostly because these past two weeks have been the hardest two weeks of my time here and likely of my adult life.  Therefore, all of my attention and energy is being directed elsewhere.

However, this I do want to write as if to declare it.  In this difficult time, truth being spoken into my heart and mind is one of the only things that gets me through.  Here is the truth that I cling to this afternoon:

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


And to this list, for my life, I'm going to add that being separated from my family cannot and will not separate me from the love of my Father.  Loneliness cannot and will not separate me from the love of my Father.  Being estranged from the places and things that are familiar to me cannot separate me from the love of God that has been evidently and undeniably been poured out on me.  To the devil that wills me to doubt: your time is coming.


May God's purposes be accomplished to our salvation and his glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment