For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Belated Birthday Post...

Just finished adding photos to the following post, lol.  There's just not a lot of down time here, even during vacation!...

This past weekend was my 22nd birthday (I say weekend because we celebrated ALL weekend :-).  Most of my friends said they were starting to feel old when they turned this age but I still feel like a baby.  Maybe it has to do with the fact that I know that I've got 4 more years of school ahead of me, I'm not getting married, and I'm not having to look for a real person job yet.  It does feel like it has been a really long year though.  Last year this time I was in the middle of applying to medical school, still finishing 1st semester senior year, and had no clue I'd be in Honduras even though I was swinging at a pinata in the backyard.  It's funny how life can change so quickly.  I hope it never stops changing like this.  Life is so much more of an adventure when you don't know where you're going to be the next year.

Anyhow, my birthday fell on a Monday this year (slightly unfortunate) but it meant that we had celebrations all weekend long :-)  A bunch of our friends from the University came over for lunch on Saturday and yes I got icing in my face... somewhat of a tradition that I should've been perceptive enough to anticipate, but I was too distracted by the pretty cake!  I mean look at it!  It's gorgeous!




 And what birthday would be complete without a little Lord of the Rings thrown into the mix :-D



 Later that night the Brewsters came over for our traditional Saturday night cards but we also decorated our newly purchased Christmas tree and had Birthday pancakes (a Brewster-family tradition), melted candle and all.




Just for the record, Emily and I won at Spades that night and I won Hearts being the only player not to have shot the moon.  Fun times.

Now, Monday, the actual birthday, the best roommate in the world got up really early, made pancakes (again!), decorated with balloons (from my mom), and organized the students at school to get me soaked with water (another Honduran tradition), but she has all of those pictures.

It was a great birthday away from home.  Thanks, Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment