For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Adventure #... I've lost count.

We made it back from Tegucigalpa last night and what a blessing it was to have been out of Comayagua for a few days!  Here's quick run down of the trip:

It started with me waking up late (7:15 a.m., lol) and we headed to the station to catch a bus at 9:00 to Teguc.  When we got to the bus station we found out that there was a riot on the way in a town called Flores, meaning they weren't letting anyone pass on the main road, obviously, lol.  No buses had left for Teguc yet that morning, so the driver decided since it was already 9 they'd give it a try.  It's transportation like this that makes me understand why Hondurans are never really concerned about being places on time, haha.

Anyway, several firsts of the weekend:
*watched my first TV show in a month and a half
*flushed toilet paper down the toilet for the first time
*AND drove a car for the first time in Honduras! (and maybe the only time that'll happen, lol)

We went to a few of the malls, a bowling alley, and then drove outside the city a bit into the mountains and visited a little town called Valle de los Angeles.  All in all it was uneventful, but very nice to be doing something different for a few days.  Then of course it was back to planning for classes...


Such is the life as a teacher here :-)

We stayed overnight with the University students from the hogar.  There was only one girl in the girls' apartment this particular night, a medical student.  I didn't get to talk to her a whole lot, but I imagined myself trying to go through med school without the love and support of a family... I didn't like it.  I thank God for giving me everything I need to do what he's called me to and I praise him for making some stronger than I that he'll use for his purposes too.

And the next great challenge is teaching evolution in the adventist school... I'll blog about that tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment