For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

La vida de una maestra...

The life of a teacher... is BUSY.  Especially when you are teaching 8 classes, working at an orphanage two afternoons a week, and taking Spanish lessons.  The first two weeks have been nothing short of intense and nothing short of extrordinary.  Hopefully I can fill you in, in relatively short order.

First of all, praise God for my students!  Some of them are difficult, complainers, lazy, and a thousand other things, but I already love them!  My greatest desire is to be a light to them and I feel so inadequate for the task but I pray God will show me ways more and more as I continue forward.  And yes, we've only had 12 days of classes and I already know all of their names.  I hate to brag but I'm pretty proud of that one :-)

And although the details of some of the classes this passed week may make for interesting reading, I'd rather talk about how we are done with classes for the week!  Sept 15th (today) is El Dia de Independencia for Honduras!  Did we get to get out of classes Wed, Thurs, and Fri?  yes!  Did we get to march in a parade with our school? yes!  You can check out Facebook soon for more pictures but here are a few:


It was hot, but a lot of fun!  I may have mentioned in a blog before that when Americans (especially females) walk down the street there is a lot of yelling that happens and kissy face noises that are made.  My comment to Emily was:  Ya know, this is the first time that I've walked down the street here and not felt self-conscious and I'm in a PARADE.  How ironic.  Lol.  Thankfully, today there were plenty of things more interesting then me to look at!

Tomorrow we're hoping to go to Tegucigalpa (the capital) so I can see it for the first time and next week I get to start teaching some interesting topics like reproduction, Creation, and evolution.  Look forward to reading blogs about those soon :-)

Miss you all!  Love you all!  And God is good.  Thank you for the prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Ash, congrats on learning names so rapidly. That is tremendous! Not surprised that you love the kids, that is the kind of person you are. Sounds like the next couple of weeks will be interesting, but also seems there may be some opportunity to share some Bible teaching also. Howeve it happened, GOD DID IT!!! I remember our conversation in BG about that.

    ReplyDelete