For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Honduran Halloween

This past weekend... fun in its own Honduran sort of way, but missing Homecoming and Halloween all in the same weekend was not so much fun.  Thankfully, we were able to figure out our own way to carve pumpkins, aka cutting out pumpkin-shaped sugar cookies with knives for lack of cookie-cutters, lol.


And thanks to Mom, we had some Halloween plates to eat them off of :-)  The beautiful finished products:


I still miss American football, fall leaves, hiking, and the first time the heat gets turned on, but next year it'll all just be so much more special :-)  The challenge is appreciating everything that is going on here while missing things at home because I know that by the time June comes around I'm gonna wish that I'd enjoyed more things while I was here.   

This week is exam week for the students, so thankfully we get to leave school at noon everyday!  Except Thursday when we have a "festival" for AIDS awareness... yes, festival, complete with games and food if I understand correctly.  A little unusual in my opinion, but we'll see how it goes :-)

On a more serious note... Here's the devotional from My Utmost for His Highest from yesterday:
Trial of Faith

It's fantastic and very applicable to what I feel myself going through right now.  Some days are harder than others but all in all I'm learning a lot about God, myself, and my place in light of who God is.  It's a pretty cool thing.

And right now I'm feeling a nap coming on, so I'm out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment