For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Monday, January 31, 2011

And then I blinked...

Partial (or Quarter as we would say) #2 is done except for exams this week.  I've got 20ish kids that are probably going to fail :-(  Emily's grandmother was hospitalized for a minor heart attack, but is hopefully going home Wednesday.  We moved card night with the Brewster's to last Friday night and we beat them by around 4,000 points!  I think Friday nights are luckier for us, lol.  I haven't talked much about the young mothers at the Brewster's project, but there is a new one this week.  We met her Saturday and her precious 2-week old, Christopher.  She is very quiet, but understandable given what she's been through.  If I had her life I'd already have a 12 year-old.  Like one of my sixth graders!  It's so hard to relate to that other than letting it break your heart!

Oh and how could I forget?!  we went to a professional soccer game last Sunday!  It was fantastic!  Here are some of the pictures from the game:




This past Sunday we went to one of the women from church's house for coffee, donuts, worship, and prayer. It was wonderful!  Then today we gave our first set of exams and started planning for the next Partial and the Science Fair in three weeks (oh boy!)

But what I feel like really happened since the last post, these past two weeks... I feel like I just blinked.  Then January was gone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment