For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

As the vacation ends...

What a wonderful three weeks it has been.  We started by chilling a few days in Comayagua, ending to Tela (the beach) for three days, meeting the family in San Pedro then spending a few wonderful days with them in Copan before spending Christmas and New Years in Comayagua again.  Although school has been hanging over my head like a dark cloud (sometimes darker than others) it has been a much needed and refreshing break.  As much as I'd like to write about every detail I'm thinking a few of my absolute favorite photos will have to suffice.

 



 


Life brings challenges and pain sometimes.  But God brings good for those who love him.  If I am learning anything, I'm learning that.  My time in Honduras has been really difficult at times and there have been moments that all I've been able to do is cry out to God.  But people can bring perspective and remind you that you are not alone and you are loved.  That's the gift my incredible family gave me this Christmas... not to mention the Bilingual Bible (praise God!) and Spanish Scrabble, lol!

My heart has also been re-broken for the girls at the hogar and the boys at the farm that don't have a family to swoop in and provide relief for them and encourage them in life's dark moments.  So even though I am going to be struggling through, sometimes on a daily basis, the next five months or so, my prayer is that if I can bring any comfort, any hope, any love into the lives of these precious children, I would be empowered to do so by the strength of the Holy Spirit and the work of God's grace in my life.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment