For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Just because it's Wednesday...

We are in the middle of Partial Exam Week II.  After this week we have an 8 week quarter with no vacation days (and the science fair!).  Then a five week quarter with spring break thrown in.  I feel like I'm living in a weird limbo, where I'm just waiting for June to get here cause it'll be time to leave.  Honduran life has become familiar and somewhat comfortable especially since I first arrived, but I don't feel settled knowing I'm leaving again in four months.  So, the temptation is to just let myself mentally and emotionally jump ahead to June instead of hanging out in this strange middle-ground.  But I was talking to the computer teacher today...  He said that he had his students do a project where they wrote a resume for someone they admire.  One of the 7th graders who is failing my class, is absent half the time, and hardly talks in class picked me.  What she wrote I don't know.  Why she chose me, I don't know.  But here's what I heard:  They are still watching you.  Even though I feel like I'm just waiting to go home at times, they are still watching me.  Even though I have less time left than I have already been here, they are still watching me.  It was just the kick in the butt I needed to remember that I can't become complacent now.

Other than that, two quick highlights of the week:
1. Getting called into Counselor Janet's office by the name "nina" (little girl) and then being asked in Spanish to show her how to log on to Facebook, LOL!
2. Getting to tell one of my 7th graders, Orlando, that after failing the first quarter and struggling through the second he passed my class this partial with a 71.  The look of relief on his face: priceless.

God, help me to be a good steward of the time I have left.  Continue molding my heart and sinking the lessons of this experience deep into my heart.  Make me a usable instrument for declaring your gospel to the nations and may it be our one and only passion.

3 comments:

  1. Still keeping you in my prayers. I too, know what you mean. If you have time, check this out

    http://becauseheisfaithful.blogspot.com/2011/01/just-run.html

    Love ya ~ k

    ReplyDelete