For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Maniac Monday

So it's only actually Sunday, but it seemed like an appropriate anticipatory title for tomorrow.  Plus, Emily and I are listening to her 80's play list as we make final preparations for tomorrow.

Let's start by summing up the weekend: Friday was largely uneventful, but we walked to the city square and got ice cream before a last minute game of Hand and Foot with Emily's parents (which we DID win despite what the critics say).  Yes, we have one more win to get before we catch up to them, but still... Saturday was cleaning (no pila cleaning this time), then watching the university guys from the granja play soccer, then playing soccer with the ninos at the granja, and finally Pizza Hut with Emily's parents.  I think my favorite part was getting ant bites at the soccer game and having to ice one of them this morning to keep it from itching (sarcasm doesn't translate very well here, so that was me getting in my quota for the day).  I learned that I am actually not that bad at futbol when I play against the little guys, but it's mostly cause my legs are twice as long as theirs, not so much because I'm more skilled.  Lol.

The mystery of the week: the strange seed piles that keep appearing outside our patio door.  A new pile appears about every two days and consists of 6-12 seeds.  The patio is totally walled in with the only entrance being through the house.  If anyone can Encyclopedia Brown that one for me, I'd appreciate it.

Other than that, I feel as ready for tomorrow as I probably can under the circumstances and as terrible as it is I draw some comfort from knowing that I'm at least more prepared than the other missionaries that only got their teaching assignments four days ago.  I know I'm a terrible person.  But I'm praying that we all can be a very positive influence for Christ on our students this year.  It's a pretty great group of girls :-)

The last exciting note of the day: Emily and I have a house in the Cayman Islands whenever we want it.  That's  our payment for helping our friend David with his classroom decor.

Thank you all so much for your prayers.  I'll let you know how day one goes... by Friday hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. you had me going for a minute there - wondering if you really were a day ahead of us as far as time zones are concerned - thanks for making me think really really hard - definitely harder than i should be at 2am! - anyway, just want you to know, i'm praying for you and your monday...whenever it really is! love you lots :)

    ReplyDelete