For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's Official

Oh, where to start?...

The week began with the "abstinence" talk first thing Monday morning, which went surprisingly well.  It took me a LONG time to fall asleep the night before, but I wasn't really nervous by the time the talk came around.  Although I think most of them were probably too intimidated to have said anything to me, one 7th grade girl made this comment, "Miss, you're really brave.  Most adults think that it's wrong, but you actually TOLD them it is wrong."  I laughed, but it lifted my spirits in an unspeakable way to think that she saw me as brave.  Since I got here I've felt anything but brave.  Insufficient, small, weak, lonely, defeated, scared, depending on the hour, but definitely not brave.  Let's just hope God used it to touch someone's heart.

In other news, this week there was a mouse in the teacher room that kept coming in and out of hiding.  The science fair is coming up in two weeks and I'm excited to see the students' projects!  I will NOT miss smashing ants with my finger every time I sit down at my desk.  Today I got to watch Return of the King and cook omelets and cinnamon toast with Francisco.  Tons of fun!  That was after cleaning the house, of course, which was disgusting.  Especially cleaning the screens which we've never done.  One wipe and the towel was black!  I wish I'd taken a picture... Went to dinner with the Brewster's tonight and parked ON TOP of drying coffee beans that were covering the parking lot (be careful buying coffee in Honduras, it might taste slightly of car oil, I don't know).  And finally, we lost our card game to the Brewster's again.  So far the running score for the year, Brewster's: 4  Emily and Ashley: 1.  Saturday nights are just not our lucky night...

Now!  For the most exciting news of the week!  I GOT MY OFFICIAL RETURN DATE APPROVED!  I'll be home 2 days earlier than originally thought: June 15th!  All that's left to do is buy the plane ticket.

For now I've got four months to take advantage of being here and not having the worries of... life hanging over my head, lol.  And actually, my God-given goal for the remaining time is to work on some spiritual discipline.  Could get exciting :-)

1 comment: