For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Another one bites the dust

One more teaching week down, and only 3 to go.  And then another 2 1/2 before I board the plane :-)  Even if I've said it before, I have to say it again:  this is the most bittersweet time I have ever experienced!  I'm so ready to see my friends and family again, yet so not ready to give up eating mango everyday, lol.  In my head I have started a long list of things that I'll get to do when I get home that I can't here and for the sake of not annoying everyone around me when I get home, I'll need to start a written list of "Now I can's" so they don't have to listen to me saying them every 10 minutes, haha.

Story of the week:  Got locked in the 5th grade classroom after school on Wednesday.  I was in the back of the classroom hanging up posters on the wall, when the guide teacher walked by and dead-bolted the door from the outside.  I tried yelling at her but she was too far away.  Instead I waited at the door until someone passed by and the first person happened to be one of my 8th graders.  She jumped when I yelled her name through the window and as soon as she realized what was going on her eyes got big and she started running after Miss Kathy for the keys.  Of course, along the way she told a few of the others and 8 of the 8th graders come running back with the keys laughing at me.  Lovely.

We also had a baby shower after school for the school psychologist which was... we'll just say I was glad I wasn't understanding all the Spanish because apparently the Hondurans have very few druthers talking about baby stuff and one of the young men in the room (couldn't decide if men being their was normal or if they were just there for the food) decided he need to have a loud comment about almost everything said.

Bible study with the girls was a little rocky this week because we had to do it early, so we were out of routine.  However, we did uncover a topic that we really need to cover as far as lies and knowing the truth.  That was:  the end of the world.  They probably haven't been taught much if anything about what the Bible truly teaches about it and were asking Emily odd questions like, "When Jesus comes, what will you give him?"  And they all seemed to be jokingly hiding their fears about it.  Something to pray for.

Mother's Day being tomorrow, I'd also like to just say that God has blessed me with the most wonderful mother, without whom I never could have made it through this year.  She encourages me, keeps my head on straight, and is never afraid to tell me how it is.  Happy Mother's Day, Mom!  Love you much!  And I also have an incredible Grandmother who has kept us well covered with prayers and with treats from home.  Happy Mother's Day Mom ma!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment